Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Lets Talk

There is no place to begin, So I am going to pick up where i currently find myself.  My mornings start with an overwhelmed  cirque soleil  themed juggling act of thoughts, ideas, dreams, & challenges.  Opening SalonDuo wasn't the end result, it wasn't the finale in my career. On the contrary, Salonduo is a springboard for my ambition.  To be satisfied with where i am would mean the beginning of a downward spiral. I am still climbing the hypothetical  mountain to find my ultimate purpose, my own individual niche in the industry and in my city of Augusta.  This blog is a road map. im going to put ideas out there that i hope will inspire new stylists yearning for their chance to tap into their creative juices, but also to established stylists who find themselves in a place of monotonous, lackluster days behind the chair.

i will share this enthusiasm i have for the industry and the opportunities that are waiting to be found. my first pearl of wisdom is...'The day is not about you.'

Your day at work....is not at all about whats going on in your life. the clients coming in to the salon you work at are coming in today for their own needs. to think you're their just to apply a color and send them out pretty means you need to seriously evaluate your purpose. 

The challenge would be to practice actively listening. to get past the 'small talk' and get to know the person who has chosen to be spending their time and money with you. how can you help them today? you can listen....really listen. doesn't mean give your opinion, or dismiss their chattiness with autopilot affirmations that your 'listening'. we all do it. but lets try to actively engage in conversation and actively listen. 

Ps.
they don't really care about your drama, so unless repeated inquires about it happen, talk minimally about yourself and your issues, and steer the convo back towards their own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment